Dec 30, 2007

To Do in 2008

Let's see...
    Train for, and complete the Danskin Triathalon (eep!) with A, thereby getting into the best shape of my life to date. It's gonna be a long haul...

    Get our debt under control (*sigh*)

    Finish our Thank-You's

    Grow an herb garden

    Learn something crafty, and STICK WITH IT (complete a project)

    Change my name on all my credit cards, bank accounts, etc.

    Make some new friends, & spend time with them!

2007 wasn't the worst year on record:

    E&I tied the knot & had a great honeymoon

    E&I each lost a ton of weight, and (at least) began the uphill battle of the bulge

    E has landed in the job of his life, and is one happy man-monkey

    I actually completed one full year of employment with the same company!

    L.E. was born, and has officially won the role of W-family Golden Child (sorry, Uncle E!)

    Despite worries and frets, A found herself employed mostly-full-time all year!

    A&H landed themselves a phat crib

    Mom & J joined us for ye olde Christmas week (it has it's ups and downs... THANKS AGAIN, A&H!)

    Dad & S have sold their house & will be moving South. (Why is this on the good-news list, you ask? Because it's ONE LESS reason for us to ever have to travel to UNY again! And who wouldn't rather spend a week in FL than in UNY, if you have to visit family on your only vacation per year?!)


I'm sure I'm missing a number of other good things that happened this year, but the point is that (for E&I, anyway), 2008 has some fair-sized shoes to fill. There will definitely be some surprises -- both good and bad, but one way or another, by the time it's over:
    the Bush circus will be horrible history

    I will definitely be in better physical shape than I am as I sit here today (digesting my duck breakfast-burger & two eggs, over easy w/ toast -- thanks, E!)

    we'll be another year closer to our house & dog

    ...and E&I will have celebrated our very first, wonderful year of marriage!


2008, here we come.

1 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Annigan said...

Awesome list! 2007 will always be special, but let's hope there's lots of good in 2008!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home